[lbo-talk] FYI - A Treasure Of Online Academic Books

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:20:30 PST 2009

I think this might be a sign of things to come in academic publishing rather than a brief window of opportunity. I noticed all these brand new Routledge and Palgrave book pdfs showing up a few months ago and assumed authors were passing their proofs around. But then I realised where they were coming from when my library signed up for the Palgrave and Routledge ebook collections. They make no effort at protecting them. There might be a watermark but I imagine it's easy to get rid of. I guess they make the vast bulk of their money from library buying anyway so aren't too worried about it.

Cheers, Mike