[lbo-talk] X's greatness

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:37:39 PST 2009

I showed The Decline of Western Civilization in my Structural Inequality class two summers ago... X, and some of the SST bands, were among the so-so-cool-'cuz-they-were-with-it punks, kinda swimming in a sea of wanks and jerks, unfortunately... that documentary totally should have ended with X rather than the jackasses on stage at the end.

X and The Gun Club set the stage for Green on Red and the Long Ryders' populist punks-gone-country long before Uncle Tupelo combined The Minutemen and The Carter Family and the Mekons discovered classic country (and, saints be praised, THAT generated the whole Bloodshot Records thang & twang...)