[lbo-talk] the nads

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 10 09:08:09 PST 2009

<http://www.theawl.com/2009/11/2000-2009-toward-a-new-terminology>

2000-2009: Toward A New Terminology

We are almost done with this ridiculous decade and we have yet to reach consensus on a proper way to describe the period. And don't give me "The Aughts," because, honestly, that is a terrible name. So we're making a unilateral declaration today that the span of years from 2000 to 2009 will henceforth be referred to as "The Nads." Think about it: It started off with two big, hanging zeroes and it ended up with the economy stuffed in a sack. It's kind of perfect. Tell your friends, start using it in conversation, casually reference it on your Twitter account, etc. If we all pull together I think we can make this happen. Thank you.

—Balk