[lbo-talk] Michael Perelman Book Online - Confiscation of American Prosperity

hmfj hardwin1 at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:24:08 PST 2009

Woah, great find!

Bill, re reading offline, I was in the same boat with a growing collection of ebooks but no desire to spend extra hours sitting at the computer... the solution in my case was a refurbished PDA (I got a Dell Axim for around $50), and a program called Mobipocket which converts pdf files in seconds to a PDA-ready format and lets you send them to your device.

It really has been a boon as well as new best friend, to my mates' wry ribbing. It's perfect for reading in bed while S.O. snoozes undisturbed by any reading lamp. Incidentally a great aspect of it is that you read 4 lines at a time in quick bursts, you can get a rhythm going and it really helped me to read a lot faster than on paper.