[lbo-talk] Paid sick leave

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 06:59:17 PST 2009

Le 12 nov. 2009 à 23:46, SA a écrit :

> JC Helary wrote:
>
>> 1) France 2, one of the French national broadcasting channel showed mostly people who did not want to take the vaccine, including medical personal in hospitals, and interviewed pediatricians that actually advised _against_ taking the vaccine.
>
> Huh. So it sounds like there's a lot more skepticism about the vaccine in France. Why do you think that is?

There may be skepticism but it may simply be that because health care is good and paid sick leave is not an issue, there is much less fear of adverse effects.

Whereas in the US, without social security, reasonable health care, guaranteed sick leave, people are feeling very insecure and fall into the trap of the pharmaceutical industry.

Plus, the swine flu has proved to not be a dangerous flu so I suppose that in France people are betting on good hygiene rather than on chemicals.

Jean-Christophe Helary