[lbo-talk] Rwanda: The Case for Humanitarian Intervention

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 13:15:52 PST 2009

But then the authors open with: "Although well-intentioned, we were not at all ready for what we would encounter. Retrospectively, it was naïve of us to think that we would be." Perhaps they should first work to allay their naivete re: the imperial nature of Western politics before venturing to claim expertise on the topic of which they write.

Meanwhile the same Guardians of Truth and Liberty ignore "conflicts" which are saliently simple in essence and for which the West is responsible, such as Israel's violent conquest of Palestinian land. I think recidivism better characterizes the article than enlightenment.