[lbo-talk] funeral fund

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 16 15:03:54 PST 2009

[Posted to Lou Proyect's Marxmail by Sebastian Budgen. Apologies for the character set oddities.]

De : c.barker at mmu.ac.uk Date : 16 novembre 2009 18:38:03 HNEC À : "funeral fund" <c.barker at mmu.ac.uk> Objet : Chris Harman

Dear comrades,

You will, I am sure, have been shocked and saddened by Chris Harman?s death.

As you know, Chris died in Egypt. This has created a difficult material problem for his family. In order to get Chris?s body home to England for the funeral, and to pay for the funeral costs, the family have to raise quite a large sum of money which they simply don?t have.

It may be that you have already been approached about this, in which case my apologies. But if not, you would probably like to know that an emergency fund has been established to help bring Chris?s body back to England, and ? when the coroner has then released it ? to enable us all to meet together and hold a funeral for our lost comrade.

Mike Simons?s bank account is being used for this purpose. The account name is Mr ML Simons Nat West Sort Code 60 04 24 Account Number 22663371. Don't forget to put your name as the payment reference. If you have trouble doing an electronic transfer, Mike?s address is 23 Powerscroft Road, London E5 0PU.

Money is always embarrassing. I?m told that something like £8,000 is needed. Donations to date have ranged from £50 to many times that.

Please show this message to anyone you think might like to contribute. The matter is urgent.

In sorrow and comradeship

Colin Barker