[lbo-talk] more on why movies suck

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 17 13:14:50 PST 2009

At 01:02 PM 11/17/2009, Joshua wrote:

>People who are good
>artists, but bad salesmen, get weeded out.

I think it was more coked out. Good artists have to shoulder some responsibility for letting the control they had in the pre-Jaws days slip through their fingers. I'm not saying they should have been drug free, just a little less free spending and temperamental.

There's something to be said for being home by 6 every evening after a full day at the studio, and being proud of having saved money that day rather than finding new ways to spend it. That's the way Hitchock did it