[lbo-talk] why movies suck

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:22:44 PST 2009

Carrol Cox

Doug Henwood wrote:

> <http://gawker.com/5406414/ever-wonder-why-most-movies-suck>

> Ever Wonder Why Most Movies Suck?

Ever wonder why so many scholarly articles suck?

Ever wonder why so much 19th-c painting sucks?

Ever wonder why so much music sucks?

Ever wonder why so many philosophical texts suck?

Ever wonderf why so much Elizabethan drama sucks?

Ever wonder why so much French painting sucks?

Wonderful question. I don't think I'm interested in the answers to it or any similar questions however.

Much more interesting to wonder why X is so wonderful than why Z is so bad.

Carrol

^^^^^^^^ CB: Materialist prediction : Come the revolution, more things will be wonderful than so bad.

P.S. What's the etymology of "sucks" ? (smile)