[lbo-talk] why movies suck

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at usyd.edu.au
Tue Nov 17 13:39:52 PST 2009

Almost tempted to ask what 'bad subjects' has to do with it but... I probably wouldn't have time to follow the conversation. Food got well away from me and now we're on to movies, it seems.

Well, we have to take changing industrial codes into account when comparing "income" from movies. It's pretty spurious science. But, anyway, being an adaptation or a sequel doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like 7 of these movies very much. I also fervently hate 2 of them and have mixed feelings about all the rest (except the few I haven't seen). I think it's more interesting how many of them are what I would think of as speculative fiction.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Doug Henwood Sent: Wed 18/11/2009 06:27 To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] why movies suck

On Nov 17, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> I have wondered this very thing myself, but substituting myself for
> you! Why aren't your posts as good as mine, anyway?

Ok, if you all are going to break out the measuring stick, could you please do it in the closet? We eagerly await reports, of course.