[lbo-talk] more on why movies suck

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 17 15:29:39 PST 2009

At 03:03 PM 11/17/2009, Catherine Driscoll wrote:

>I think Hitch would definitely have got things made now... and he
>probably would have occasionally blown stuff up. At least somewhere
>along the terror/horror continuum of threatening the audience with
>things blowing up.

He wouldn't do this:

"the boy was involved in a situation that got him too much sympathy from the audience, so that when the bomb exploded and he was killed, the public was resentful." Truffaut called the sequence a near abuse of cinematic power, and Hitchcock agreed...

http://movies.tvguide.com/sabotage/review/116480

But he would do something like this:

http://www.hitchcockwiki.com/wiki/1000_Frames_of_The_Birds_(1963)_-_frame_782