[lbo-talk] why movies suck

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 07:34:25 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
>
> What do you think of Motorhead?
>>

> Like 'em too. My inner Jersey boy likes that stuff.

Jersey-ish myself, I'm utterly apostate, no Bruce (not really), no Dead (ever), no metal (seriously - The Stooges, early Pere Ubu and Big Black serve on that front)... Telstar Records is cool, tho... then I discovered punk, during post-punk, and that punk was actually Lenny Kaye's (I think) name for 60s regional hit/garage music which led to Nuggets, Pebbles, Boulders, the Hoboken/Minneapolis/LA retro/paisley Television-meets-the-Byrds (before Uncle Tupelo and the Mekons discover authentic country) undergrounds... maybe I shoulda gone to see Kiss outdoors in Atlantic City as an almost-9th grader in '78... I was too tame (I was an After the Goldrush and Lamb Lies Down on Broadway kinda guy at the time) and their costumes too stupid.