[lbo-talk] why movies suck

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Wed Nov 18 19:40:42 PST 2009

Hmmm.... perhaps I have to revisit the two films, especially AB, being that I am remembering it from the last time I saw it, which was at the cinema...so it has been a while.

Upon my viewing of them, I found them to be well acted but superficial/cliche renderings of, in AB, modern suburbia, and RR, post war US, social expectations and the rebellions against these to be what you see is what you get.

Are you saying that these works are much more subtle and complex critiques than I perceived, or that if you squint your eyes and project beyond the writer/director's intent, there is much to learn.

I will have a second look, but I still do believe that in aggregate, my critique of these type of films is valid. There is a pattern here (and I wouldn't say it is conscious on the part of the film maker)...

Anyway,

Bryan