[lbo-talk] The Neoliberalization Of Higher Education: What’s Race Got To Do With It?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:06:46 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:06 PM, John Gulick <john_gulick at hotmail.com>wrote:

> AR:
> >I've tried... Gaventa's
> Power and Powerlessness, but its generally too Appalachian-y and old-timey
> for my students to identify with.
>
> JG:
> Well then, you're probably better off not serving them lemonade as part of
> your lesson plan... or at least you could kick Wilford
> Brimley out of the room.

AR: I'd thought about bringing in an Anthropologist I knew at Guilford College who studied snake handlers in that region or, alternatively, some of the old Trots still floating around Lansing but both would have made things even harder on me... if only I could get John Sayles to come in for a showing of Matewan...