[lbo-talk] more on why movies suck

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:14:54 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:

> He made a number of movies before that. Check out Meet the Feebles and Bad
> Taste. Now that's filmmaking!

I think Bad Taste was the first R-rated movie I saw as a kid thanks to someone's older brother (either that or Revenge of the Nerds). We loved it then and I haven't seen it since. I grew up in Wellington along with the Peter Jackson movies and he was probably about the last NZ director anyone ever expected to go to Hollywood. I was at uni when Lord of the Rings was made and half the undergraduate population was either an orc or an elf. Also I went to school with Anna Paquin's sister, uni with Flight of the Conchords and ten-pin bowling with Melanie Lynsky's brother in New Plymouth. It is really that small a place. :)

Cheers, Mike