[lbo-talk] The Neoliberalization Of Higher Education: What’s Race Got To Do With It?

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Nov 20 18:26:20 PST 2009

> The first public education in the US was for the ex-slaves in the late
> 1800's. When public education was won for them it was extended and won
> for the whole working class.

A disturbing new trend that appears to be developing is the abandonment of serious eduction for the masses (in the US). Obama's threat to close down "underperforming" schools suggests the ruling class have decided a skilled, educated workforce is no longer need on a large scale. What is needed is gas station attendants and latte-makers. Of course, we will have some form of prison-like private institution to fill that gab that we can call school if we want...

_________________________________________________________________ Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/