[lbo-talk] climate change

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 09:21:33 PST 2009

Taleb's approach wouldn't explain why different models consistently predict the same trend. And this quote from JH is bullshit. Phil Jones draws attention to a short-term period of non-warming and suggests that the most likely explanation is not (a) that global warming is a crock (as JH implies), nor even (b) that the models need work to explain short-term variation, but (c) that data collection needs to be improved, i.e., that the models are likely to be more accurate than the data.