[lbo-talk] climate change

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Nov 21 12:39:07 PST 2009

On Nov 21, 2009, at 3:01 PM, Itamar Turner-Trauring (aka Shtull- Trauring) wrote:
> What if...globalwarming isn't happening? Spewing out measurable
> amounts of CO2 is *still* a bad idea.

This is one of the most illogical statements I have ever seen on this list (apart from the Doss contributions). The only thing polluting about atmospheric CO2 is its infrared-opaque nature. If global warming weren't happening, increased atmospheric CO2 would be a good thing because of its favorable effect on vegetational growth.

Shane Mage