[lbo-talk] The fantasy of being outside of ideology

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 22 03:38:17 PST 2009

Shane to Chris: '"Are" and "Being" are forms of the same word.'

Oh no! Don't start him off on the meaning of 'being': we'll be here all week, being hectored about the derivation of 'being' from the infinitive 'to be' and its implication in abstract inauthenticity.

This is a terrible thread title, by the way. If there is no possibility of going beyond ideology then we might all just as well vote Republican or Conservative, because, hey, their "truth" is just as good as anyone else's.