[lbo-talk] climate change

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 22 06:49:36 PST 2009

Do you bother to read the stuff you respond to Michael?

Climate Research is a respectable journal. It's control has not been 'finagled' by 'climate change skeptics' or little green men, for that matter. Philip Jones' underhand attempt to have it no longer considered as a peer-reviewed journal is wholly underhand. So much so that he admits himself in a quandary as to what he will tell those on the editorial board whom he considers 'reasonable' (so reasonable in fact that they choose to sit on the editorial board).

'Peer-review' in Jones' imagination, is a gift of ... Philip Jones.

Phil Jones, wrote to Pennsylvania State University's Michael E. Mann to questions whether the work of academics that question the link between human activities and global warming deserve to make it into the IPCC report

"I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report," Jones writes. "Kevin and I will keep them out somehow -- even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"