[lbo-talk] The Necrosocial

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Nov 22 13:55:02 PST 2009

At 04:22 PM 11/22/2009, Dennis Claxton quoted max:

>>In college I wrote exactly this sort of essay (w/fewer 50-cent words).
>>Now I (and many others, no doubt) marvel, not without some envy, at the
>>good fortune of those who can attend Berkeley and the foolishness and
>>political lunacy of these critiques.
>

>http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20091116/016285.html

*jaw drops*

as i wrote already, the author was not writing about chucking the university because it is irredeemable. that's the kind of thing peter ward and his anti-intellectual cohorts on the left write. this guy was writing to other activists on campus to get them to help save the university and see to it that it redeems its promises of democracy, research for the sake of knowledge, etc.

shag