[lbo-talk] No Country for Exasperated Men

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at usyd.edu.au
Mon Nov 23 13:45:23 PST 2009

Do you have to ingore them, Doug? You could collect them, I hear they make a neat hall display and you know there's always a new one being released on a regular basis. It's important to have hobbies.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Doug Henwood Sent: Tue 24/11/2009 08:35 To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] No Country for Exasperated Men

On Nov 23, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Since I'm stuck living in this decaying meat suit till I die, that's
> clearly not possible. So, exasperations and all, I embrace my
> annoying, messy humanity.
>
> Which is another way of saying...in truth, we're all a bunch of
> wankers but who else have we got in this crazy world?

There's that existential consideration, which can be easily reinforced by the determination to ignore cranky provocateurs.