[lbo-talk] Bush lives

Itamar Turner-Trauring (aka Shtull-Trauring) itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Nov 25 07:52:17 PST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 10:28 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
> POLITICO Breaking News:
>
> President Barack Obama will deliver Tuesday's address on Afghanistan
> policy from the United States Military Academy at West Point, the
> White House said. The setting allows the commander-in-chief to talk
> directly to future officers as he announces a troop buildup in the
> eight-year war.

It's a Guns and Margarine policy: real guns, fake butter. Or maybe, "I can't believe it's not change."

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margarine --

In 1869, Emperor Louis Napoleon III of France offered a prize to

anyone who could make a satisfactory substitute for butter,

suitable for use by the armed forces and the lower classes.[3]

French chemist Hippolyte Mège-Mouriés invented a substance he

called oleomargarine, the name of which became shortened to the

trade name "margarine".