[lbo-talk] Ron Paul vs. the Evil Jewish Illuminati

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 01:33:04 PST 2009

I have given up top posting. See below. ;)

----- Original Message ---- From: Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com>

I couldn't imagine at first what interest it would have for anti-semites; it would seem to make their job harder.  But never underestimate the creative brilliance of the conspiratorial mind.  They've created a variant of Khazar theory that allows them to reconcile hating the evil Jewish world conspiracy with a philosemitic attitude towards Israel's Jews. It's genius, in it's own twisted way.

-- This is why attempts like that of Koestler (his was bogus anyway, I think, since Eastern European Jews, with the possible exception of a few small Turkic groups, are probably not descended from the Khazars) to argue rationally with anti-Semites are totally fruitless. At least in its conspiratorial variant, anti-Semitism is a total worldview, as with all paranoid fantasies. It is completely immune to rational or emprical disproof. The anti-Semite will just find some way to interpret the argument anti-Semitically. As this guy is doing with the Khazar theory.