[lbo-talk] climate change

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 07:42:10 PST 2009

thank goodness there are no other data sets developed by other scientific institutions since this raw data was thrown away 25 years ago... cuz such things might stop the swirling of your little tempest in a teapot...

but, I guess, surely it must be the case that pretty much every other governmental and university research center around the world that has collected similar data - and all of the ones that have reconstructed historical temperature data - and come to the same conclusions must be discounted because of their relationship with CRU and its horrendous and devious practice of once-upon-a-time-long-ago-before-this-issue-was-at-the-center-of-climate-policy-and-ecoskepticism chucking some data they had alternative versions of as they moved to a new facility...

hell, no other research center associated with any other technoscientific program has ever done any of that... especially not with data that they obtained from governments and agencies which demanded that the raw data not be released...

I say one bad apple spoils the bunch and, because a couple scientists, economists, Marxists, feminists, anti-racists, and children did some stuff that I (have always or just now) see as bad, all science, economics, Marxism, feminism, anti-racism and kids suck and I'm going to cherry pick whatever I want to think, refuse to listen to the overwhelming majority of critically engaged, institutionally vetted and familialy committed people in the world...

But, uh, wait, climate and other ecoskeptics have been shown to engage in clearly intentional or ideology-bound flawed "scientific practice", sooooo... in line with the John Birch Society Blues, James, I believe it is now time for you to spend the rest of your time concerned with environmentalism issues investigating yourself...