[lbo-talk] Food stamps

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:34:23 PST 2009

[WS:] It is not just food stamps, but a warped delusion of "independence" and "freedom." I recently spoke to an unemployed worker in Michigan who claimed to lose his jobs because of his lung disease which he supposedly contracted on the job. When I suggested that he should sue his former employer, he vehemently rejected the idea claiming that this was his choice to take that jon and thus his responsibility, not that of the employer. He rejected th eidea of wrkplace safet in general, he belived that it is ultimetaely the worker's choice to take a job or not.

It seems that this kind of tjhinking is quite widely spread here.

Wojtek