[lbo-talk] Polanski

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:41:04 PDT 2009

> Has anybody asked in what sense did Polanski serve his time ?

Jordan: The details of the plea bargain were basically: plead guilty, get a psych eval, and presuming they don't find him to be "mentally deficient" or a danger to society, be on probation for some amount of time and pay some unspecified fine. He pled (which you might have been bored enough to read; the details of which would seem to preculde getting a fair trial later) on (8/8/77), went to Chino for an up-to-90-day eval, released after 42 days; probation report (9/17/77[*]) indicated no interest in supporting jail time, nor that he was considered a deviate or a danger to society.

^^^^^^^^ CB: I wonder what he pled guilty to ? 42 days in Chino , probation, and a fine is kind of light for a rape conviction. I didn't read the links, but if the girl was drugged, that doesn't seem like statutory rape with the minor consenting ( though incompetent to consent), but rather regular rape ,i.e. without consent