[lbo-talk] more noxious crap

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:42:00 PDT 2009

The official, if not always explicitly stated, editorial directive at The Nation is that you can criticize Dems on individual policies, but you can't globally denounce them as the scumbags and tools they are.

Doug

^^^^ CB: True that Dems are scumbags and tools. But in the history of the world, has there ever been a party or person with actual power ( as opposed to political talkers like me; well actually I'm a scumbag , too, but other talkers here) who was not a scumbag or tool ? Lincoln did a lot of doubletalk on slavery. I'm sure there is something on Ho Che Minh. Nelson Mandela ? naaww. Lenin ? Fidel ? Forget it !

I think this must be the only social science global generalization. Don't we have to face the fact that if we are ever going to get anything done, it will be through scumbags forced, somehow, to act out of character ?