[lbo-talk] New Republic

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 2 13:38:12 PDT 2009

Michael Perelman wrote:

> How was the NR able to accomodate Ridgeway and Kopkind a few years later?

In the mid-60s TNR published Edgar Snow on China, gave a glowign report of the SDS anti-war demo in Washington, D.C., published Bernard Fall on Vietnam. The list goes on. They were a truly radical magazine then, and probably led me my first steps away form my cold-war liberalism to my present politics.I believe their article on SDS was the first I had heard of that orgnization.