[lbo-talk] what makes the Dems so great

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Oct 2 15:28:59 PDT 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

>> Who said anything about betraying the left?
>
> Not me. I said all along that the leftists who thought he was
> anything but a corporate-friendly DLC type were deluding themselves,
> and by god I was right._

You're not the left and neither am I. The left is the tens of thousands of volunteers and millions of voters who chose Obama against Clinton because they thought she supported the Iraq aggression and the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act and he didn't, because he would close the Guantanamo bastille and she wouldn't, who thought he would enter negotiations to end the Cuba blockade and she wouldn't, etc. etc. They believed him and he betrayed them.

Shane Mage