[lbo-talk] more noxious crap

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 17:40:49 PDT 2009

Stalin was a lot nicer to East Germany that the average Soviet person probably would have been. Buried somewhere on my shelves I have the diary (exerpts thereof, actually) of a peasant-cum-working class Ukrainian woman who lived through the war up to the late Brezhnev era. I don't think its contents are atypical. It's pretty clear that what she wants for Germay is absolute destruction and righteous vengeful heavenly fire. Her outrage when she sees Brezhnev shaking Hoeneker's hand on TV is something to behold.