[lbo-talk] Gaddafi the liberator

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 13:32:17 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Eric Beck <ersatzdog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, he can shake hands with Hitler or Satan or even P*lanski. But it
> does nothing to alter the conditions under which Venezuelans and
> Libyans live. Though it does seem to make western leftists feel
> better.

You´re reducing Chavez´ leadership in Venezuela to "shaking hands". Shame on you.

Yeah, let´s forget everything going on right now in Venezuela and focus on whom he shakes hands with.

Yes, shaking hands "does nothing to alter the conditions under which Venezuelans live". But YOU framed the debate under those terms. I refuse to discuss Chavez policies under your biased framing.

FC