[lbo-talk] more noxious crap

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Oct 3 14:47:55 PDT 2009

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, SA wrote:

> By the way, I sort of accepted the premise of this post because it led
> to an interesting train of thought. But actually I don't think the above
> is true at all. Why is the opposite of conservative Obama-style
> liberalism?

It isn't. I'm clearly not getting across. My whole point is that about the term "conservative" is that in a spectrum of sense it covers everything on the right from the most radical to the most centrist. They all call themselves conservatives, although they all mean it in different senses. There is a spectrum of continuous overlap.

And the word liberal does not cover the same span on the left. The most radical elements on the left would never use that term to describe themselves, not in any sense at all.

Michael