[lbo-talk] second bill of rights

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 13:56:31 PDT 2009

Incidentally, the current "regulation czar," Cass Sunstein wrote a book about this called something like "FDR's Second Bill of Rights--and why we need it now." But since he's yet to have come out in favor of anything like that (and AFAIK isn't even in support of EFC--which is curious since this would be a good example of the kind of "Default" that would help people be represented by a union. I guess it's not the kind of "nudge" he'd support) I'm not holding my breath.

He's actually a great version of a liberal intellectual of today because he seems to feel this nagging sense that the earlier, as you call it, desiderata of the creed should create more of a gravitational pull on his position, but time and again he seems bound to frame his message as if it is only the neo-liberals that have any truly rational claims.