[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 4 14:37:15 PDT 2009

shag wrote:

"you know what it is? it's that I didn't get one stinkin' vibe that the guy is actually a marxist of heavy user of marx in any way shape or form. but like I said, that could be just a really uncharitable reading on my part."

I saw the guy every day for about four years; I went to the same lectures with him; I had a friend who was in his theory class.....and you're absolutely right. In all the time I knew him he did not lift one finger to advance one single radical or even leftist cause. What's interesting is how you and Chuck get this drift by reading something that is nominally a radical critique....

j.