[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 19:12:09 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 20:24, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2009, at 9:20 PM, Bhaskar Sunkara wrote:
>
>> I find it funny that Tariq Ali's brand of "anti-imperialism" can be
>> published in the NLR month after month without no one mentioning a thing
>
> Whaddya got against it?

No kidding. It is far from obvious to me why Tariq Ali's analysis would provoke any ire. Though I admit that sometimes I'm just so enthralled by his diction and cadence that I may miss something really, as the thread before calls it, noxious. [I'm speaking here of when I listen to him on Doug's show, not his written analysis. Sometimes I think the latter can be a little sloppy and self indulgent--at least the book length stuff--but overall it doesn't usually piss me off.]

s s