[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 5 11:57:48 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Chris Maisano wrote:
>
> > Calling Michaels a "prick" or "assholic" based simply on listening
> > to the interview is total projection.
>
> I'm really taken aback by the vitriol people are directing against
> him. Makes me wonder if he's struck a nerve.

I agree with this post in reference to Michaels and as to the ad-hominems directed against him.

But this ad hominem, "if he's struck a nerve," is what makes me think you are the asshole.

Are you totally incapable of discussing ideas and positions without making sstupid statements about the people involved. That is despicable even when the people your are referring to are themselves despicable.

Carrol