[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 5 15:55:16 PDT 2009

At 03:35 PM 10/5/2009, shag carpet bomb wrote:

>That dynamic? That's what it smells like here. It's a version of a
>liberal who got mugged. Only in this case, the mugging came from
>some asshole like Tim Wise.

I haven't read every word of this thread but I'm confused because I also got the idea Michaels was catching it for being a theory head. And wasn't it supposed to be theorists who got us into the identity politics rut he's supposedly critiquing.

I've noticed he's been on panels with Adolph Reed and Lani Guinier. Are they all on the same page? And does that even matter if the dynamic shag smells is at work here?