[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 6 09:41:53 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Alan Rudy wrote:
>
> > But, again, I know folks tweaked about race at UCB and it is a
> > crushingly
> > small minority of them who - as Robert has noted - separate race,
> > class,
> > gender and sexual issues.
>
> Spend some time around Pacifica. It'd make your head swim.

Why didn't you tell us before that he was wrting about Pacifica instead of campus politics?

But in that case he seems to have brought out a machine gun to shoot down a gopher.

Look, I think the personal epithets hurled at him by Joanna, shag, & others are stupid and confused the debate. I especially disliked Joannabbringing her personal experience years ago with the man to support a judgment of a text produced today. It doesn't really matter whether he is an asshole or an angel, the question is the content of his texts. But in your replies you have made not the slightest effort to state in any intelligible way what the point was that he made inhis interview.

Carrol