[lbo-talk] WBAI

Bob Morris bob.morris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:56:32 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> As a partial explanation where I'm coming from, here's a taste of life
> around WBAI.

At a Green Party of Los Angeles County Council meeting in 2003, a meeting that lasted 4 contentious hours in which nothing got accomplished, we argued for 15 minutes about whether or not to add 5 minutes debate time onto an agenda item so we could finish on time.

At another meeting someone started to give a report, handed it out, then said "I'll refer to the bullet points." Someone in the back raised her hand and said, "Could we not call them bullet points, that's so violent." She was serious.

The above items are comical, but there was also endless and vicious trench warfare that sounds like what you posted about WBAI. Good luck...

I learned to repeat to myself, they are the crazy ones, not me. It helped.

KPFK, when I check in to see if anything has changed, seems mired in conspiracy theories and junk medical science, while doing the nearly constant pledge drives.