[lbo-talk] Max for diversity

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Oct 6 17:17:59 PDT 2009

Damned if I know.

But I also know small knots of people trying to figure out what 'everybody' should do are not going to figure it out, and if they did, would not get everybody else to follow. That's a Leninist delusion, vanguardism.

Now if it weren't for certain personal commitments I could come up with all kinds of ideas for myself and whoever was fool enough to listen to me. I'd start blogging again, for one thing. Going to political meetings.

If you have an idea, just do it. Good ideas will tend to snowball. Bad ones won't, then you try something else.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of martin Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 6:57 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Max for diversity

On Oct 6, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Max B. Sawicky wrote:

> I'd say the cure for it all is more activism and more conversation,
> the less rancorous the better.

WITBD? In what direction, sir? A goal that will be viewed as worthy and achievable by a majority of people?

I think that what's needed are some creative ideas around which to rally activism.