[lbo-talk] Trotskyite fetishization of the workplace

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 06:25:23 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:
> In an exchange earlier today with a member of one of New York City's
> innumerable Trotskyite microsects, I was accused of middle-class
> douchebaggery for opining that all workers should demand the abolition
> of the coal industry. He harped incessantly on the United Mine
> Workers; I avoided the question of climate change altogether, as I
> don't really understand the science behind it, but noted that
> pollution from coal-fired power plants is thought to kill 30,000
> Americans per year and constitutes a direct physical assault on every
> person who breathes air.

Well you ought to tell him that Marx invisioned a society where one could hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon. Thanks to coal fired power plants in the southwest that pump mercury into the rain clouds and re-deposit the noxious shit in Rocky Mountain lakes and streams, you can't even safely eat the trout fished out of those lakes and streams.

Sheldon

also allowed that maybe him expecting 300