[lbo-talk] Max for diversity (of ideas)

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Wed Oct 7 12:10:09 PDT 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 7:48 PM, Sean Andrews wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 20:26, martin <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Have any snowball experiences to share?
>
> Only once, but I was much younger. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

beware the yellow snow.

I was referring to Max comment about good ideas 'snowballing'.

Snowballing is a compelling idea. I tried to recall incidents of my own in which presenting a good idea, had resulted in a snowball effect. The only one I could think of involved a recent 'Showtime' series titled 'Californication'. I had used that particular conflation in a journalism class many years ago. Did someone pick it up and run with it? Not that I'd ever know. Maybe it was something I had picked up and passed on.

But the point of the good idea snowballing seems to be where the idea is presented - and although this list is richly laden with critique and analysis, it seems devoid of 'good ideas'.

martin