[lbo-talk] demotorization

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:01:34 PDT 2009

[WS:] It is also a life style. If you live in suburbs, car is a necessity. If you live in a city - it is a burden. But even those who live in the burbs and commute by car often resent the waste of time their commute takes - time they could spend on other activities (friends, family, etc.)

I think that a big part of automobilie appeal was the illusion of freedom associated with it - an illusions nuirtured by Hollywood. I think that illusion is finally starting to wear thin.

Wojtek