[lbo-talk] Can Any Econ Savants In The House Help This Little Black Duck?

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 08:26:52 PDT 2009

Several friends who are concerned about our current economic situation and who are struggling to make sense of it all have forwarded the following to me:

"The Royal Scam"

<http://www.oftwominds.com/blogaug09/KaPoom2CHS.htm>

The logic seems rather flawed and the author's 'modest proposal' style smart-assedness rankles (me, at least) but I can't parse it crisply enough.

I'm constantly trying to steer the well meaning, increasingly dismayed liberals in my life away form conspiranoid thinking so, If anyone has the time and inclination, I'd appreciate a brief review (it's a quick read: heavy on graphs and relatively light on text)

A taste:

Work with me here. Suppose, just suppose, that mathematically, the US Fiat system has a very certain, very predictable end date, easily seen even by such non-monetary critics such as Martenson's “Crash Course”.

(Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIwyMif5EOg&feature=related )

This certain end date is roughly when the parabolic curve goes vertical as mapped using the average interest rate of all national transactions—6% perhaps. And suppose, just suppose, that being no dummy and working with money as your sole object, clawing your way to the top of the Billionaire's club, you could see this coming. In fact, everyone can—all your peers who clawed through the same training, saw through the same veil, and are now in positions of unimaginable influence, having friends who are Presidents, Diplomats, nation-shaking Hedge Funds, and IMF/BIS bankers. And they all looked at each other and said: “This is bad, dahlink” and: “It's mathematically certain, mate,” then everyone together: “So what do we do?”

.d.