[lbo-talk] Medea Benjamin learns to love Obama's war

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 11:57:09 PDT 2009

Actually Karzai has always been open to negotiating with the Taliban and the Taliban would be willing to negotiate but only on condition of foreign troop withdrawal. So if the troops withdraw this would likely result in a government of many factions with the Taliban getting important cabinet posts as Karzai had already promised. The Taliban would probably prefer that to a continuing civil war with Russia and the US supporting the former Northern Alliance group etc.

Cheers, ken hanly

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html