[lbo-talk] yes, we have no peace

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 12:16:38 PDT 2009

I was talking to some (very smart) US and Canadian military guys who had been in Afghanistan for about a year, and according to them, at least in Kandahar, the Afghans don't care who wins, the Taliban or NATO. They just want one or of the other of them to win so the fighting will cease, or at least diminish. They want NATO to either leave OR greatly increase its military presence.

These guys also have a lot of respect for the Taliban.