[lbo-talk] Toward a more manly marxism, was the WBM controversy

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 11 16:47:45 PDT 2009

Incidentally, if my memory is accurate at all, his wife is a really fine scholar, and I can understand why UCB would take him (or the first bum off the street) to get her.

My "if" clause reflects a disconcerting experience I have had several times over the last 10 years. I would be leafing through a slightly older issue of Criticial Inquiry, see an article that looked interesting, start reading and wondering why didn't I read ths before, turn the page and there were undelinings, marginal comments, etc. made just a year or two earlier -- & I couldn't remember a damned thing about the article. Short-term memory does weaken with age. Anyhow, I think a couple of t hose articles that impressed me twice (and that I forgot twice) were by Frances Ferguson. I did not know that WBM was her husband.

Carrol