[lbo-talk] corporate rationality

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 18:10:55 PDT 2009

You're missing my point. The slave owner and slave encountered each other as lord and serf, not as employer and employee. Their consciousness was not formed by viewing each other as cogs in a capitalist cycle. That slavery was embedded in a larger capitalist structure is irrelevant, because people did not directly encounter that system in their daily lives. Racism is a product of having taken your serfs from a region in which people look different from you, which is an obvious foundation for basing an ideology upon.

I hereby suggest that any slave system in which the slaves looked appreciably different from the masters would result in a racist ideology.