[lbo-talk] corporate rationality

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 23:44:06 PDT 2009

SomebodySomebody spoke of declining racism and of racism not being essential to capitalism.

While indeed token assignments have taken place, I see no evidence for the decline of structural racism. I look at the schools, I look at employment statistics, I look at urban segregation, I look at prisons and I see no evidence at all.

Whether racism is essential to capitalism I don't know. Finding ways to divide the working class is essential and racism is one such way.

Joanna